In an update to tax professionals on the 9 February 2021, the ATO is replacing the Business Portal with the new service ‘Online services for Business’. It has greater functionality than the Business Portal and has faster processing time. Please note that the ATO recommends that sole traders continue to use the ATO online services for individuals and sole traders.
Online services for business provides you a 24-hour online access anytime, anywhere on multiple devices to a new range of information, services and functions such as:
- view, prepare, lodge and revise activity statements
- view, prepare, lodge and revise Taxable payments annual report
- create payment plans
- switch between your businesses with a single log in
- view statements of account and find your payment reference number (PRN)
- manage your accounts and update your tax registration details (for example, add or cancel a role)
- view your Single Touch Payroll reports
- register for goods and services tax (GST) and pay as you go (PAYG) withholding
- access new secure mail subjects and view your communication history
- access the Small Business Superannuation Clearing House
- view and print tax returns and income tax history (if you are a sole trader continue to use ATO Online)
- customise your home page.
To access Online services for business you will need to sign in using myGovID. This is the same myGovID you used to log into the Business Portal. https://bp.ato.gov.au/
If you are new to the online services, you will have to first set up your myGovID and then link it to your business in Relationship Authorisation Manager (RAM).
To know further about Online Services for Business scan the QR Code below with your phone or go to this link